Wednesday, February 18, 2009

public toilet map

I love this country!

I was looking for camping grounds in and around Freycinet National Park, in Tasmania, and I stumbled across this website.



Check out the very informative website: The National Public Toilet Map - The Australian Department of Health and Ageing

The name of the website includes the word "continence". THE NATIONAL CONTINENCE MANAGEMENT STRATEGY!!!!!!! They have a strategy for managing continence!!! Can you imagine winning a government seat in a hard-fought battle in your electoral district and being named the minister for continence. It would clearly put Depends(TM) out of business in North America if the government took responsibility for continence. Tee hee hee. I'm going to be giggling about this all evening. This has made my day!!! Clearly, important that people don't lose it in the middle of the bush, but make it to a friendly, neighborhood, government run toilet. In fact, you can plan your trip around Australia based entirely on the location of the toilets. You can bookmark your favorite toilets. And if you can't find one, you can have the website downloaded to your mobile. I love it.

Of course, I laugh now, but after 2 or 3 kids, maybe I'll find it much more serious. Maybe I'll aim to be the named to the ministry of continence. Maybe we need one of these in Canada. After all, wandering around in the +30 degree weather to find a toilet is nothing in comparison to having to drop your drawers to squat when it is minus 40.

No comments:

Post a Comment